Friday, August 24, 2012

Ok, because I can't blow up about this enough... my heated reaction to the "legitimate rape" bullshit:

I don't know what it is. It's a total failure to use any kind of logic. It's just "Stop abortion, stop abortion" and goes no further. It's stubbornness, it's arrogance, it's a total lack of empathy. These men just don't get it. They don't get that words actually do damage. They don't want to know that when someone casts doubt on our trauma, we feel raped all over again. And the worst part: They don't fucking care. With any kind of backing for their ideas, there's nothing we can do to make them give one flying fuck about what they've done, simply by casting doubt.

This whole thing really hit home for me. I've never been pregnant (so no abortion) but I have had to cut out family from my life because they doubted I was raped by one of their own. They don't get how painful it is, they think I'm being melodramatic, and that somehow quoting domestic violence statistics will help me like them again. People don't get what the DOUBT does. It's the doubting, the slut shaming, the drilling it in that people who are supposed to give a shit... don't.

In their efforts to end abortion, they have damaged every rape victim that ever was, is, and ever will be by casting doubt on their trauma. The doubt is why it's an under reported crime in the first place. They're making it worse. Not only are they threatening MY CHOICE, they're threatening my general safety out here in the rest of the world. These people are monsters. Please, everyone, vote wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment